Changes to this site
I’ve given up the weekly writing prompt. I’ve found so many people are already putting up good prompts, so there’s really no need for me to add to it.
You will find links to writing prompts on the Resources for Writers Page. It’s the page that used to be called Writing Competitions. It still has details of competitions added as I learn about them, but also has links for writing courses, and links to sites that produce writing prompts.
What I’ve published this week:
Sunday: Work in Progress Update.
Chapter 2 of Venomous Void finds Wendy in the library of the Ivory Tower, avoiding princess lessons.
Wednesday: Winter’s Tale
A poem complaining about the cold the rain, the mould, a possum and aches and pains. I am not enjoying this winter.
Thursday: Remembering Marc
Two friends return to the last place they saw their missing friend, ten years after his disappearance.
Mr Bumpy, retired bloggercat and Supreme Feline Overlord, criticises everything and everyone.
Saturday: The Venomous Void Chapter 3
In the next chapter of my work in progress, Wendy learns how Octavius gained his Fallen powers, and has her first clue as to how to help him.
Interesting things I’ve been reading
- A bit of history with T. Maxwell-Harrison’s (Psychadelic Wizard) post Pride Month 22
- A some lovely poems by Grace Y. Estevez-Reddy (Grace of the Sun) Life’s Tale, Community
- Keith Garrett (keithgarrettpoetry) imagines a perfect world in the poem In a Perfect World
- A poem with a sense of mystery by A. J. Wilson (poetsatinta) Out of Silence
- An abandoned child finds a welcome in a short story by Bridgette (Bridgette Tales) The Child
- A lesson in creative writing, by Lady Jabberwocky Watson Who?: Tips on Creating a Detective’s Sidekick
- Advice from Science Recent on How to Improve Brain Health
- Ailish Sinclair’s visit to The Hanging Stone on Gallows Hill, a place where witches were once executed.
- I’ve done some beta reading for a young writer whose work is well worth following. You can find her on Twitter @jamie_writing
- In terms of the big things I’m reading at the moment, I’m actually working my way through Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. Yes, I do know I am way behind the times, not having read these before, but I am enjoying them thoroughly.
In the comments section, please tell me about what you’ve been reading or writing this week.